Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Custody Hurts the Grandparents, Too!

There was an article posted on The Observer in regards to a recent article about fathers' rights.  One woman posted a quick recap of her issues with her son's inability to get custody of his own son:



Last week, I received a telephone call from a policewoman threatening me with arrest. My crime? Sending three cards to my grandson telling him I love him. He had his third birthday last week and as my son's former partner will not allow me to see him I put birthday wishes in our local newspaper. My son is fighting through the family courts to regain the access he had with his son until March this year but he still is not seeing his little boy.
My son's ex-partner saw my cards as harassment. Don't you think the police have more important things to do than threaten a 67-year-old grandmother?
Sad, but true--situations like this happen all the time.

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing how the police and the judiciary seem to have been swept up into this madness. It seems far more bizarre than 'Brave New World' or '1984'. Even Orwell and Huxley couldn't predict this! How a mother could be given the power to make all the people connected with her own children's father into 'non-people'!

    ReplyDelete